Skip to main content

Last Day of Poetry Month!!! The Poetic Candle

The scent of the wind
The touch of the air
Can only be described by a poet

The taste of a word
The sight of the unknown
Can only be exposed by his writing

How up is down
And left is right
Is a mystery to all but him

When chaos is calm
And everything in between
Can not be explained to anybody else

In the darkness
He sees color and light

In the cold of the winter
He feels summer's warm breeze

A dimmed light
A candle of warmth
All he has to offer others

But in his head
'Tis a torching blaze

-Trevor :)

I had a lot of fun this month. I only had time (and memory :D) to do half of the prompted poems this month, but I saved my favorite idea for last! Thanks!

Comments

  1. Wow, I love this!!!! What a beautiful idea. Your poems have been really lovely, way to go for participating in this challenge. And hey, even if you didn't write every day, you still wrote more poems than you would have otherwise written, right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Month Day #27: Quarantine Birthday

I'm sorry for the delay in writing. Enjoy! When tomorrow comes I expect dread I will have the 'glums' I won't leave my bed It will rain It will pour I'll be stuck in vain Furthermore I doubt I'll have fun I just can't imagine Doing anything fun My birthday, but I stay IN No party! No friends! No Thomas or Marty Or Von Auren twins The cake will be sour The limes will be sweet I will spend hours Blanketed on the couch seat What's that you said Mother? Can it be true? We'll all be together So it WON'T be blue! -Trevor :) I am actually looking forward to my birthday, mind you ;)

Poetry Month Day #29: The Zoom Where It Happens

A tinkling sound You enter the meeting Your blurry video stutters You smile at your friends anyway Make sure you mute yourself Before grumbling about you boss Jenson disconnects once every five minutes (He lives in the country) Coulson forgot to block his video (He had to pick his nose) Chelsea's mic is picking up every strange sound (She's eating noisily) Flawed Lagging Forty minutes or pay up (Hold in your dry cough when you are unmuted) Button up a shirt and you'll be fine (Pajama pants are okay) -Trevor :)

Introduction

Hello Everyone! My name is Trevor John Olson and I created this website for the NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month) challenge, in which I will be writing a poem daily. Make sure to comment if you have any prompts for my writing! Enjoy!