Skip to main content

Poetry Month Day #27: Quarantine Birthday

I'm sorry for the delay in writing. Enjoy!

When tomorrow comes
I expect dread
I will have the 'glums'
I won't leave my bed

It will rain
It will pour
I'll be stuck in vain
Furthermore

I doubt I'll have fun
I just can't imagine
Doing anything fun
My birthday, but I stay IN

No party!
No friends!
No Thomas or Marty
Or Von Auren twins

The cake will be sour
The limes will be sweet
I will spend hours
Blanketed on the couch seat

What's that you said Mother?
Can it be true?
We'll all be together
So it WON'T be blue!

-Trevor :)

I am actually looking forward to my birthday, mind you ;)

Comments

  1. I love your poem! Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Trev!! Way to take a comical approach. I hope your quarantine birthday is still awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Month Day #29: The Zoom Where It Happens

A tinkling sound You enter the meeting Your blurry video stutters You smile at your friends anyway Make sure you mute yourself Before grumbling about you boss Jenson disconnects once every five minutes (He lives in the country) Coulson forgot to block his video (He had to pick his nose) Chelsea's mic is picking up every strange sound (She's eating noisily) Flawed Lagging Forty minutes or pay up (Hold in your dry cough when you are unmuted) Button up a shirt and you'll be fine (Pajama pants are okay) -Trevor :)

Introduction

Hello Everyone! My name is Trevor John Olson and I created this website for the NaPoWriMo (National Poetry Writing Month) challenge, in which I will be writing a poem daily. Make sure to comment if you have any prompts for my writing! Enjoy!